Calling ALL fishermen (Esther says we better include fisherwomen too)!
Saturday, August 24th marks the FIFTH ANNUAL Casting For a Cure event here at the Blue Line Sports Bar and Grill and we are both honored & excited to once again sponsor such a wonderful cause. It's a fishing competition after all.. whats not to love?!
For those not familiar, “Casting for a Cure” was the first fund raising event to support the Greater Minnesota Fight for a Cure vision. Through the efforts of community members and Greater Minnesota businesses, Casting for a Cure has donated $70,000 over the past four years!
As always, there will be something going on for everyone. Take a look at this year's schedule of events below:
- Fri, Aug 23rd noon- Sat, Aug 24th - Fish-A-Thon! Fish on any body of water in MN (if you need some pointers, talk to Scott).
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Outdoor Activities and Party Time Inflatables @ BL- Sartell. Come and enjoy a fun and family friendly event (we won't even make you fish to come out)! We will have a large outdoor tent with a "Big Catch" BBQ, free pop, bounce houses, cookie decorating, bobber game, kids casting contest and more.
- 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. - Door Prizes will be given away to attendees every hour (gotta love free stuff).
- 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. - Silent auction. Our advice.. scope out the goods on Casting For a Cure's Facebook page before the event.
- 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. - Socializing & Networking. We are happy to be donating 10% of all sales to Casting for a Cure. Make sure to stop by the memorial wall to fill out your loved one's name who has been affected by cancer.
- 5:15 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. - The Almighty Awards Ceremony! Cash, trophy & prize awards will be given out in several categories for both adults & youth participants of the Fish-A-Thon.
- 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. - Lakemaid Beer Competition. Winners for each hour will receive prizes for the most pounds of Lakemaid fish caught! Lakemaid Beer is the Official beer sponsor of Casting for a Cure 2013. Proceeds from each beer purchased go to Casting for a Cure.